Our beautiful Chatham Blue takes on the flavour of this spicy and smoky jerk marinade with ease. Paired with our briny Pāua, ripe avocado and pineapple, topped with a smoked paprika sour cream, these tacos make a delectable weekday lunch or dinner.
Prep time: 20 minutes plus marinating
Recipe by Gretchen Lowe, My Weekend Table
1 tbsp jerk seasoning
2 garlic cloves
1 Finely grated thumb-sized piece of ginger
1 finely grated lime, zested
3 tbsp light olive oil (or neutral oil)
2 Chatham Island Food Co Blue Cod fillets, thawed and patted dry
Smoked Paprika Cream
150g sour cream
1 tbsp smoked paprika
200g pottle of Chatham Island Pure Pāua Mince, thawed
Juice of half a lime
Warmed corn tortillas (8-10)
1 cup salad greens
½ red onion
½ punnet cherry tomatoes chopped
1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
finely 2 avocados, sliced
1) Mix the jerk seasoning, garlic, ginger, lime zest and oil in a bowl. Smear over the Chatham Blue and marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
2) For the smoked paprika cream, stir together sour cream and smoked paprika and set aside.
3) Heat a large frypan with a good drizzle of oil on medium-high heat. Season the Chatham Blue with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until just cooked through.
4) Flash fry the Pāua mince in a pan by heating butter until bubbling. Add Pāua and cook for 1 minute, breaking up with a spoon as you go. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime.
5) Remove from the pan and set aside. Serve the Chatham Blue (flaked with a fork) on warm corn tortillas with salad greens, sliced red onion, cherry tomatoes, pineapple and avocado. Top with smoked paprika cream, Pāua and a squeeze of lime.
This recipe was created using our award-winning Chatham Island Blue and our Pure Pāua Mince...
Back to Recipes