Perfect for long summer evenings this is our spin on a traditional French salad nicoise. Typically made with Tuna we’ve added our luxurious Pure Paua Mince, smoky charred asparagus and creamy mozzarella for a stunning salad you’ll make time and time again.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Recipe by Gretchen Lowe, My Weekend Table
8 New potatoes
1 Bunch asparagus, trimmed
1 Cos lettuce, quartered (or 2 baby cos)
50g Pitted black olives
1 Punnet cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
2 Mozzarella balls, torn
½ Garlic clove, finely grated
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
¼ Cup olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
200g Chatham Island Pure Paua Mince, thawed
Juice of half a lemon
1) Add the potatoes into a large pan of cold salted water and bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes until tender, then set aside to cool. Halve or quarter once cool.
2) Drizzle a large pan with olive oil over a high heat. Cook asparagus, in batches, turning, for 5 minutes or until tender and blistering. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly.
3) Carefully add the eggs in a pan of simmering water for 7 mins, then transfer to a bowl of iced water to cool. Drain, then peel and halve once cool enough to handle.
4) To make the dressing, shake all dressing ingredients together and season with a large pinch of salt to taste, set aside.
5) Flash fry the Paua mince in a pan by heating butter until bubbling. Add Paua and cook for 1 minute, breaking up with a spoon as you go. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Remove from the pan and set aside.
6) Add the lettuce quarters and olives into a bowl with the potatoes. Add most of the dressing and gently toss. Top with the eggs, tomatoes, and torn mozzarella.
7) Carefully spoon over the glistening Paua, then drizzle with the rest of the dressing and season. Serve with crusty bread.
This recipe was created using our award-winning Chatham Island Pure Paua Mince...