A guaranteed crowd-pleaser, Gretchen Lowe’s succulent sticky pork and paua meatballs with a glossy hoisin glaze make the perfect dish to share with friends.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Recipe by Gretchen Lowe, My Weekend Table
Meatballs500g Pork mince
200g Chatham Island Food Co Pure Paua Mince, thawed
½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
3 tbsp Hoisin sauce
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
2 Spring onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp Ginger, finely grated
2 tbsp Sesame oil for cooking
Sauce1 cup Hoisin sauce
½ cup Water
4 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
Toasted sesame seeds and extra spring onions to serve
Lettuce for cups
- In a large bowl combine pork mince, paua mince, egg, panko crumbs, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic, spring onions and ginger. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Mix well to combine. Roll into balls approximately one tablespoon in size.
- In a heavy based fry pan over a medium heat, fry the meatballs in the sesame oil until browned on all sides.
- Add the hoisin sauce, water, and rice wine vinegar, and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for a further 10-12 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through, and the sauce has reduced by a third.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Arrange in lettuce cups with extra spring onions and herbs if you wish.
This recipe was created with our award-winning Pure Paua Mince...