This Italian-style pasta packs a super flavour punch with fried anchovies, capers and fragrant garlic, topped with butter seared Chatham Blue & Pāua. Better yet, it’s on the table in less than 30 minutes; a perfect mid-week meal!
Prep time: 20 minutes plus marinating
Recipe by Gretchen Lowe, My Weekend Table
350g fettuccine (or linguine)
Blue Cod and Pāua
2 x pieces Chatham Islands Blue Cod, thawed and patted dry
1 tbsp flour
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp butter
200g pottle of Chatham Islands Pure Pāua Mince
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
3 spring onions, sliced
8 anchovies, chopped
3 tbsp capers
1 cup italian parsley, chopped
Lemon wedges, for serving
1) In a well-salted pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to packet directions until al dente. Drain, saving 1 cup of pasta water.
2) While the pasta is cooking, coat the Chatham Blue in flour and season with salt and pepper.
3) Heat half of the olive oil in a heavy-based pan. Add the Chatham Blue and let sizzle on one side until golden for 2-3 minutes. Carefully flip the fillets and add the butter. Cook another 2 minutes or so, basting throughout. Remove and set aside.
4) Heat remaining butter and olive oil until bubbling then flash fry the Pure Pāua Mince in a pan for 1 minute, breaking up with a spoon during cooking. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and set aside.
5) In the same pan, heat ¼ cup of olive oil. Add garlic and spring onions, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute (careful not to burn the garlic). Add anchovies and capers and cook until anchovies melt and capers and garlic turn golden, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
6) Add 1/2 cup of pasta water, let it reduce until there is just a little left in the pan, then add back cooked fettuccine and herbs and toss well to coat.
7) Serve with Chatham Blue fillets loosely flaked and cooked Pure Pāua Mince on top. Add more herbs, and a squeeze of lemon and olive oil.
This recipe was created using our award-winning Chatham Island Blue and our Pure Pāua Mince...