- 200g Chatham Blue Fillets
- Splash of oil/butter for cooking
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 12 small brioche buns (homemade or store bought)
- Make a coleslaw by mixing the cabbage, carrots and mayonnaise together
- Cut Chatham Blue into bite sized pieces (big enough to fill a bun)
- Place flour, eggs, and panko crumbs into 3 separate bowls.
- Add salt to the flour bowl and mix
- Crumb each Chatham Blue Fillet by placing first into the flour and fully coating, then in to the egg, and lastly into the panko crumbs.
- Heat oil in fry pan and cook for roughly 3 mins on each side, until golden brown and cooked through (poke with a knife to check – if it’s hard to push through keep cooking until its soft.
- To put the sliders together, butter buns, add a spoon of coleslaw, place cooked Chatham Blue fillet on top, add extra mayo if desired and place top of bun back on.
*For an extra kick, add some wasabi to the mayo