This recipe was prepared for the 2021 Chatham Island Festival by top Auckland chef, Tom Hishon — co-founder of the celebrated ‘kingi’ seafood restaurant.
50g Carrot, brunoise
50g Celery, brunoise
50g Onion, brunoise
5g Garlic, minced
20g Sunflower oil
20ml Red Wine
50g Unsalted butter
5g Fennel seed powder
5g Whole black peppercorn powder
200ml Fish stock
1 Packet of Spaghetti
- In a suitable pot, add the oil and butter and melt.
- Add the veg and garlic and sweat off slowly.
- Now add the red wine and reduce by half.
- Add the paua. Mix well like a traditional Bolognese.
- Add the spices and mix for a minute.
- Finish off with the fish stock and simmer for a couple of hours.
- Keep adding more stock as required. Check seasoning.
- Cook Spaghetti as per instructions.
- Dish up and enjoy
Back to Recipes