This earthy yet bright lingine is taken to new heights with the addition of salty, rich and sweet, paua mince and crunchy panko. The paua is quickly flash-fried in butter and has a texture similar to a scallop and calamari combined - totally delicious.
Recipe by Gretchen Lowe, My Weekend Table
1 x 200g pottle of Pure Paua Mince
Good knob butter
1 cup panko crumbs
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp smoked paprika
Good drizzle olive oil
300g dried linguine or spaghetti
¼ cup good olive oil
Large knob butter
1 shallot, finely chopped
½ a fennel bulb, finely chopped
1 tsp fennel seeds
½ teaspoon crushed chilli flakes
6 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
⅓ cup dry white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
½ cup cream
½ cup chopped Italian parsley
Squeeze of lemon
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
1. For the crumb heat oven to 200C. Sprinkle panko crumbs, fennel seeds, smoked paprika and salt/pepper. Mix together with your hands then add a good drizzle of olive oil. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden, being careful not to burn. Remove and set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to your packet instructions in salted water.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter over a medium heat.
4. Add the shallots, fennel bulb, fennel seeds and chilli flakes and cook on a low to medium heat 8-10 minutes until soft and fragrant.
5. Add the garlic cloves and cook another 1-2 minutes being careful not to burn.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Turn the heat up and add the wine allowing it to reduce slightly
8. Stir through cream and just heat through
9. Remove sauce from heat and add the drained pasta (with a good splash of pasta water)
10. Toss through parsley, parmesan and a squeeze of lemon. Set aside.
11. To cook the paua, heat butter in a pan until foaming. Stir through paua breaking up with a wooden spoon as you go. You don’t want to overcook so aim for no more than a minute.
12. Stir ½ paua mix through the pasta and remaining half piled on top with crispy panko crumbs, extra parmesan and olive oil
This recipe was created with our award-winning Pure Paua Mince...
Back to Recipes