These tasty Thai Fish Cakes are super easy to make, packed full of nutrition and the whole family will love them (even the kiddies).
- 600g Chatham Blue. Sustainably caught, skinless, boneless fillets - purchase HERE if you havn't ordered yours yet!
- Red Curry Paste. Store bought or make your own.
- 2 eggs
- 1 Lime. Finely grate the zest.
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1/2 cup Coriander. Roughly chopped.
- 4 tsp Fish Sauce.
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- Coconut oil or Rice Bran oil. To fry.
Combine fish, egg, lime zest, coriander, Red Curry Paste or curry, fish sauce and sugar in a food processor and pulse 4 or 5 times to a coarse paste.
Heat a little oil in a heavy-based frypan and, working in batches, shallow-fry tablespoons of the mixture over a medium heat until springy to the touch and cooked through (about 2 minutes each side). They can be made a few hours in advance, chilled until needed and reheated in the oven for 5 minutes.
These are lovely served with a dipping sauce - just mix a little sweet chilli and soy together. Enjoy!