- 1/2 a pack of pasta roughly 150g
- 200g pack of Chatham Island Food Co Premium Paua (Abalone) Mince
- 1 Large Red Chilli
- Zest of one Lemon
- 1 Cup of Pasley
- 6 Large Garlic Cloves
- 60g Chorizo Sausage
- Salt & Pepper
- Juice of one Lemon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Prep, chop and dice all the ingredients
- Fry the chorizo on both sides until crispy
- Get the pasta water boiling and toss in the pasta and cook.
- Using the oil from the chorizo, fry the garlic, chilli, lemon rind and parsley on a medium to low heat and some more oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a few minutes then add the butter and more parsley.
- Turn the heat up to high move the garlic mix to the side of the pan, throw in the paua and cook for 2 mins, season & ensure you are breaking it up quickly with a spoon, after about 1.5 mins mix the garlic through it and remove off the heat.
- Add the cooked pasta to the paua, garnish with the chorizo and a good squeeze of Lemon juice & some extra virgin oil and enjoy x