Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Recipe by Gretchen Lowe, My Weekend Table
200g roasted red peppers from a jar, drained
100g hazelnuts, roasted and skins removed
1 garlic clove, grated
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp smoked paprika
60ml olive oil
600g agria potatoes, cut into chunks
3 Chatham Blue Cod fillets, thawed and patted dry
200g (1 pottle) Chatham Island Pure Paua Mince, thawed
2 tsp english mustard
Zest of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
Small bunch of tarragon leaves, chopped (about 1⁄3 cup)
1/2 cup plain flour
1-2 eggs, beaten
150g panko crumbs
1 cup rice bran oil for frying
1) For the hazelnut romesco, tip the drained red peppers into a food processor along with the hazelnuts, garlic, vinegar and smoked paprika. Blitz to a chunky paste.
2) With the motor still on, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to make a dip. Leave semi-chunky and add salt and pepper to taste.
3) Heat oven to 200C fanbake.
4) For the croquettes, scrub potatoes and cut them into rough chunks. Add potatoes to a pan of water, bring to a boil, cover and cook for 12-15 mins until tender. Drain and leave to steam-dry, then mash.
5) Season Chatham Blue fillets and bake for 8-10 mins until just cooked. Cool for a few minutes, then break fillets into large flakes with a fork.
6) Mix the potato, mustard, lemon zest, tarragon and Pure Paua Mince. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
7) Lightly mix in the cooked Chatham Blue to the potato and Pure Paua Mince mixture, taking care not to break it up too much.
8) Shape into 12-16 medium sized oval croquettes.
9) Put flour, egg and panko crumbs into 3 small dishes. Dip the croquettes into the flour, dusting off any excess, then dip in the egg, and finally coat in the panko crumbs.
10) Heat oil in a large pan. Fry the croquettes over a medium heat for 3-4 mins each side, until deep golden and heated through.
11) Serve with hazelnut romesco, salad greens and lemon wedges.
This recipe was created using our award-winning Chatham Island Blue and our Pure Pāua Mince...
Back to Recipes