Warm up with this delicious twist on a classic burger with our limited-edition Premium Pāua Patties. They’re encased in a warm bun with fresh herb salsa verde and creamy chive mayonnaise. You’ll only need small buns for these tasty little morsels..
Prep time: 30 minutes
Recipe by Gretchen Lowe, My Weekend Table
Lime Salsa Verde
2 cups herbs (e.g. Italian Parsley and Basil)
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 tsp capers, drained
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 lime, juiced
1⁄2 cup store-bought good mayonnaise
1 small garlic clove, grated
Small bunch of chives, chopped plus extra to serve
4 Premium Pāua Patties
4 small burger buns
Cherry tomatoes (optional)
1) For the salsa verde, add herbs, garlic and capers to a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
2) With the motor running, add oil and lime juice. Process until well combined. Season with sea salt and pepper then set aside.
3) For the chive mayonnaise, stir all ingredients together and set aside.
4) Add olive oil to a large frypan over a low-medium heat. Cook Premium Pāua Patties from frozen for approximately 7 minutes on each side, turning regularly to avoid burning.
5) Warm buns slightly then slice and build the burgers starting with chive mayonnaise, a Premium Pāua Patty, salsa verde and your chosen salad greens.